SEC: Florida holds off Morehead; Vandy beats UNC
SEC links for Monday:
- Florida struggles late, but holds on to beat Morehead State, reports Kevin Brockway of the Gainesville Sun.
- Vanderbilt hands North Carolina second straight loss, reports Robbi Pickeral of the Raleigh News and Observer.
- Auburn basketball gets first win in new arena, beating Middle Tennessee 68-66, reports Evan Woodbery of the Mobile Press-Register.
- Memphis knocks off LSU 70-61 in Tupelo, reports David Brandt of the AP.
- Memphis had to hold off LSU’s upset bid, reports Gary Laney of The Advocate.
- They are ready for the Iron Bowl, judging by picture above.
- This might not be the ultimate Iron Bowl, but it is super, writes Jon Solomon of the Birmingham News.
- Alabama’s Greg McElroy appreciates the game’s meaning, reports A. Stacy Long of the Montgomery Advertiser.
- Charles Bennett of the Anniston Star writes that Cameron Newton isn’t Auburn’s only weapon.
- Auburn’s running game will present a challenge for the Tide, reports Andy Bitters of the Columbus Ledger-Enquirer.
- Travis Haney of the Charleston Post and Courier reports that South Carolina will try to avoid looking ahead to title game.
- The Egg Bowl has a tradition of rubbing it in, writes Kyle Veazey of the Clarion-Ledger.
- Florida football has some confidence again heading into Florida State game, reports Rachel George of the Orlando Sentinel.
- Gators hope to extend win streak over Seminoles to seven, reports David Jones of Florida Today.
- Georgia focusing on Jackets attack, writes Seth Emerson of the Macon Telegraph.